Your business keeps you busy. You are balancing three projects simultaneously for your employer. You’re traveling more frequently than you are at home, and your day planner is covered in ink. You need smartphone apps that will make life easier for you, not complicate it. Thankfully, there is a host of smartphone applications out there developed precisely to simplify life for the busiest of business professionals. Listed below are five of the top ones to explore.
Top 5 Business Apps
- WhosHere: This app enables you to find freelance contractors in your area swiftly. Say you need to finish a project due tomorrow in Chicago and you are flying today. You can search for freelancers with the app and then send a free text or call to the people who reply to your search.
- Locale: It is embarrassing when your phone goes off during a movie, but what about during a board meeting? This never needs to happen again if you use Locale. It lets you choose specific phone settings based on location. So when you walk into your office or the library your phone automatically goes to vibrate.
- WaveSecure: One of the hazards of traveling frequently is the chance of loosing your phone. This app will let you lock your phone and backup the data stored on it remotely, as well as monitor its location through the SIM card. Talk about peace of mind.
- Bump: It’s all about connections right? Well, Bump lets you exchange contact information with someone merely by bumping both phones together. Bid farewell to post-tradeshow data entry.
- Scan2PDF Mobile: Need to scan receipts for your expense report, or proposals for your boss to review? This app lets you do that with your smartphone’s camera, convert them into color PDFs, then e-mail them to your computer’s desktop.