It’s time to put a popular misconception to rest: “isn’t WordPress only a blogging platform?” While this used to be the truth, according to an article by Tech Crunch, approximately 22% of newly published websites are created on WordPress. What’s more impressive, one of the most popular publishers is using WordPress as their platform.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- WordPress offers dynamic page generation. This means no more rebuilding all your pages each time you update your website! Updating your site’s content and design is quick and simple, and the necessary server storage space usage is nominal.
- You can get a subdomain for free! Whenever you register with WordPress to get a free site, you can easily name your free subdomain like this: www.yourname.wordpress.org.
- The ‘Famous 5 minute install’. For people who have already purchased and are hosting your domain in another place, WordPress can be installed quickly and easily. And have no anxiety – coding is not necessary.
- If you do own your own domain there are a few minimum requirements to run WordPress. You’ll want to ensure you have the appropriate and compliant versions of PHP and MySQL. This will ensure you can receive accurate WordPress support when necessary.
- Themes are plentiful! Before attempting to build your own theme, search to see what other themes have been created and are available.
- WordPress has centralized management. Making managing your pages, posts, as well as your users simple with WordPress.
- WordPress encourages e-commerce. There is an plethora of plugins that have already been developed that allow you to accept payments, promote, and more on your website. The easy plugin search keeps these options at your fingertips.